An armed man was shot and killed early Sunday after unlawfully entering the premises of President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida, according to the U.S. Secret Service.
Trump was in Washington at the time of the incident, which occurred around 1:30 a.m. local time.
In a statement, the agency said its agents, working alongside officers from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, confronted the suspect after he breached the secure perimeter of the property. The man, believed to be in his early 20s, was reportedly seen near the north gate carrying what appeared to be a shotgun and a fuel can.
Agents opened fire during the confrontation. No law enforcement officers were injured in the incident.
The property, located in Palm Beach, serves as a private residence and club owned by Trump.
Read Also;
Trump Weighs Limited Strike on Iran Amid Rising Tensions Over Nuclear Talks
The latest security breach comes amid a series of threats and plots targeting the former president. Earlier this month, Ryan Routh, 59, was sentenced to life in prison for plotting to assassinate Trump at a Florida golf course in September 2024, two months before the U.S. election.
That planned attack followed a separate assassination attempt in Pennsylvania, where 20-year-old Matthew Crooks fired multiple shots at Trump during a campaign rally, with one bullet grazing his right ear. A rally attendee was killed in the shooting before Crooks was fatally shot by security personnel. Authorities have said his motive remains unclear.
Investigations into Sunday’s incident are ongoing as officials work to determine the suspect’s identity and possible motive.
